I hate cooking hot food in the summer, don’t you? Unless it is grilling out back. But I really prefer cold food in the summer. Especially here in Vegas where it is soooo hot!
Salads are so yummy. I have so many good salad recipes. I thought you might like one of them today. Let me know how you like it!
Recipe: Fruited Chicken Pasta Salad
Yield: one large bowl
- 1 box cooked medium shell pasta, rinsed with cold water till cooled
- 3 or 4 chopped cooked chicken breasts-cooled ( you can boil your chicken, but I like to bake it in the oven at 375 for about 20-30 minutes. I season it with Lawry’s and pepper before baking)
- 2 or 3 cans drained mandarin oranges (I left them out this time as I don’t care for them. I do like to add a fresh orange cut up, but didn’t have one on hand this time)
- 1 large bunch red grapes, cut in half
- 1 cans drained sliced water chestnuts, julienned
- 1 ½ c. sliced celery
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 packets buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- 1 c. mayo (or Miracle Whip, if you prefer)
- 1/2 c. milk
- pepper to taste
Directions: Mix the mayo, milk, and ranch mix together. Mix up the other ingredients in a large bowl and add the dressing, stirring to combine. Add the mandarin oranges only after everything else is well mixed so that they don’t fall apart. This is a great salad for a shower or just to have in the fridge for lunch. Serve with rolls or croissants.