This is a delicious and healthy recipe. I have made it different ways, but most recently made it with brown rice and it was delicious! It is very flavorful. It’s a great lunch or it could be a side dish with grilled chicken, for example. It would also be good on tacos.
Another great idea would be to stuff tomatoes or bell pepper with it for a pretty presentation. You could even do cherry tomatoes for an appetizer to entertain with.
Recipe: Corn and Rice Salad/ Stuffed Tomatoes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- `3 ears corn, grilled and cut off cob and cooled
- `1 ½ c. rice, cooked and cooled
- `2 avocados, diced
- `1/2 c. diced red onion
- `2 or 3 sliced green onions
- `1/2 c. diced bell pepper, any combo of colors you choose (red, yellow, orange or green)
- `1/4 c. olive oil
- `3 Tbsps. chopped cilantro
- `3-4 Tbsps. lemon or lime juice or a combo of both
- `1/2 tsp. sea salt
- `1/4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- `1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- `6-8 ripe tomatoes for stuffing (or chop a couple to put in the salad)
Directions: Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Chill well. Enjoy!
I wouldn’t min at all if you “pinned” this! Thanks:)