I am so excited! Cute Natalie over at NatSprat awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award!
I guess I am now supposed to tell you 7 things about myself. So, here goes.
1. I am the middle child in a family of 7 girls, no boys! Yes, I have middle child syndrome. I am close with all my sisters. It was really fun to grow up in a house with all the same gender, and now I am raising 5 boys, no girls, so I hope they think an all boy house is fun, too!
2. I met my husband ONLINE! Gasp! I know, it is weird, but it happened. It was an online dating service for LDS people. We sent the first email on Dec. 10th, met in person on Dec. 30th, got engaged on Valentine's day, and were married June 15th! We have a great marriage 10 years later!
3.I am addicted to sugar, and cookies in particular. If you set a plate of cookies in front of me I will eat the whole thing, no matter what kind they are. Not all in one sitting, but definitely all in one day. I am working on breaking my sugar addiction, but it is sure hard!!
4. I am SUPER silly and dorky when in the privacy of my own home. I do really weird and funny (well, the kids think they are funny) things just out of the blue. Like, I will sing is a crazy voice or do some funky dance or, I don't know, just act in a way that would be TOTALLY embarrassing if caught on hidden camera. I often wonder if other people act this way at my age, or if I am just
5. I love nature. I am happiest when the weather is beautiful....not too hot, not too cold, sun is shining, little breeze. I LOVE that. I get super grumpy when the weather is bad for more than a day. I could never live somewhere that doesn't get ALOT of sunshine. I love to be outside in nature...the beach....the mountains...the park....walking along the street in Las Vegas. It doesn't matter where, as long as the weather is good.
6. I love historical fiction. Movies, books, TV shows. I just love to see how things might have been in those days. I love the way they talk and act so proper. If anyone has any book recommendations I will gladly take them. I love to read historical fiction....but I don't think my husband loves it so much because I neglect everyone and everything while I am reading a good book.
7. I secretly wish I had become a doctor. I love medical stuff. I am soooooo mad that they got rid of Discovery Health. It was one of my favorite channels. I think the human body is so interesting and so amazing. I would love to know more about how it works. I am really hoping one of my boys will want to be a doctor. Maybe my youngest who was in the NICU for 11 days when he was born. I am going to tell him how the doctors saved his life and
I will be on the lookout for some blogs to pass this fun award onto! I will let you know who I choose soon.